Thursday, February 21, 2013

Activities


All is going well in the Masquelier household.  Isaac and Christian have been busy with basketball.  One has practice on Mondays, the other on Thursday and games every Saturday.  Abigail will be performing in the Spring Musical for school.  She has been working hard rehearsing, but since she has a lead role, she often has to stay after school.  Thankfully not as often as Elijah did for the musical he was in!  Elijah recently performed at Solo & Ensemble.  He got a gold for both his trumpet solo, and his piano solo.  And Jeremiah is POTTY TRAINING.  Need I say more... I've been busy with school.  My life revolves around math- but that's okay.  I still manage to accomplish all of my other responsibilities :)    And it won't last forever.  Josh has been very busy with work (thankfully) And we are all looking forward to SPRING!!!

Heidi is adapting well to the family.  Everybody loves her, but I think she thinks she is one of my children.  

I gave all the boys a haircut.  I really didn't want to give one to Jeremiah because his curls are just so sweet, but he insisted.  Now he looks like a big boy.  He'll be 3 on March 25th and is really looking forward to his birthday.  He wants me to make him a dinosaur cake.  One that looks like a REAL dino. We'll see buddy, we'll see...



I still haven't removed the crib from the boys room, but I took the front off of it so it's kind of a couch for their room.  They like to pile blankets and stuffed animals in it.  But today I found a large dog.  Again, she's not supposed to be on the furniture...like I said, she thinks she is a kid.

I told Abigail from now on she is going to be my "shadow" and do all of the things I do- helping in the kitchen, folding laundry, etc...Her response to that was "Mom, have you ever read the story about the shadow by Hans Christian Anderson?"  I said I couldn't remember...she then told me maybe I should reconsider the shadow idea.  That peaked my interest, so I looked up the story.  Apparantly the shadow ultimately kills the person...What's up with those fairy tales anyway?  She has been helping me a lot lately though.




All of the kids are continuing their piano lessons.  Isaac has moved up a level, so he was happy to play his new song for me. 




And for some reason, Elijah really enjoys peeling and chopping potatoes.  Go for it young man!  Here he is showing off his fast peeling skills.




Little Christian is becoming such a good reader!  It's fun to watch him develop his skills.  He is a sweet little guy.

That about wraps things up for a while.  :)  

1 comment:

  1. Elijah can come and peel our potatoes anytime:) Stephen and Leah like to peel carrots for me.

    ReplyDelete