Saturday, February 18, 2012

Another post? Outrageous.

Two posts in two days.  An accomplishment?  Perhaps.  Some people post on their blogs every day I wonder how they can have so much to say. 

Upon Isaac's request (no arm-twisting on my part) we are reading the Bible cover to cover for his bedtime story.  I don't know how long this will take, and I don't know if he'll get through Numbers, but we will try. 

Tonight we read Genesis Ch. 2 (yes, we have a long way to go)  And I realized something that I had realized before but had forgotten.  Maybe it's not terribly important, and that's why I forgot- or maybe it is.  In Genesis Ch. 1 God is only referred to as "GOD"  but in Genesis Ch. 2 He begins to refer to himself as "Jehovah God"  I found this interesting.

It's as if God is saying now- NOW- I will be your God.  I have always been GOD, but now it's a little more personal.

1 comment:

  1. I have been pondering this. Good catch, I'll keep pondering:)


    I thought I had something:

    Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature


    As in God created everything through Jesus, but the LORD (Jehovah) part starts after everything is created in chapter one.

    I don't know, very very interesting.

    ReplyDelete