Saturday, April 7, 2012

I love running!

What a nice husband I have.  He got up early to make us scrambled eggs and toast.  He even put our water in crystal stemware.


This morning I woke up early...well, it was only 6am, so not that early.  But considering it's a holiday weekend and I was up half the night with a crying 2 year old, 6am came pretty early.  I don't know what it is.  It seems like every time I have a 'big run' planned, something odd happens.  Last time it was strep throat, this time it was a toddler waking me up every 1 or 2 hours crying. 


                                                  Me and Andrea just about to leave

We arrived downtown a little early, and it was chilly!  We decided to run around the canal and then stretch so we'd be ready for the 15k.  This is the first time Andrea has run more than 8 miles, so she was pretty excited.  She's from upstate NY, and is a junior in high school.   It's been nice having her out to visit with us....anyway....did I mention it was cold?  oh yes-  after we stretched we went inside the NCAA building to get warm. 

At 8am the race began.  There is just something about being sandwiched in between a bunch of people that brings out the "oh no you didn't" in me.  I can't stand it when people pass me!  Of course, I know it's bound to happen- I am not an expert runner, nor will I ever be, but when I hear those footsteps behind me, the crinkle of somebody's jogging pants, I just feel the need to go faster.  Unfortunately, I can only go as fast as my legs will take me, and that's not as fast as a lot of people,  so I do get passed.  Oh well- at least I have fun.  

I did well today though (for me)  I finished 15k or 9.3 miles in 1hr 17min.  I was happy with it, and Josh brought the kids downtown to meet us after the race.  It was nice to see them.  I love my family.

I like to run.  Really, I love the fact that I can still run.  I went through a not able to run phase, and that was bad.  I am so thankful that the Lord restored my health in this way.  It is a good outlet for me.  I am looking forward to running the mini in May with Josh.   I am thankful for my health- for my family- for my life...

After the run this morning, Andrea watched the kids for Josh and I while we attended the funeral of a brother in Christ.  Greg Cerbus passed away after a 15 month battle with pancreatic cancer.  He was only 50 years old.  He left behind a Godly legacy in his children.  It was nice to hear the things his sons had to say about their father;  yet very, very sad.   Please lift this family up in prayer as they deal with such a loss.  Life is short, life is precious, and too often taken for granted.  The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away. 

And speaking of LIFE tomorrow is Easter!  What a glorious day.   What kind of life would I have without my Lord and Savior, Jesus.  

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus-
There's just something about that name
Master, savior, Jesus
Like the fragrance after the rain
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Let all heaven and earth proclaim
Kings and kingdoms shall all pass away
There's just something about
That name

I don't know where that song came from, it just popped up in my mind when I thought of Easter. 

Happy Easter Everyone!  Enjoy the blessings in your life!   










1 comment:

  1. It was pretty cold Saturday morning. Brr!

    Many of Joe's relatives are planning to run in the mini. I think it is neat and I have a strange admiration for people who do these things. I may want to think about thinking about possibly thinking about it someday. Or at least start doing some walking once in while. Joe did some running a few years back and found that if he ran all the way around our property 5 times, it was a mile. I could do that...walk I mean.

    ReplyDelete