Friday, September 7, 2012

just some stuff

The pictures you see will be out of order.  I'm not in the mood for trying to move them around, so oh well...I'm sure my huge fan base (ha ha)  won't care if they are out of order anyway :)  Busy busy around here, as usual.  I had a wonderful post brewing in my mind about some deep stuff, but I have a headache and my tailbone hurts like crazy, so I'll save it for another day.  For those of you who may not know this I fell about 2 weeks ago on my tailbone.  I think I may have done something terrible to it, but I didn't go to the doctor because there is nothing they can do anyway.  So- it was finally starting to feel a little better when last night I was trying to relax outside.  A swarm of mosquito's came to attack me and suck my blood, or possible give me West Nile.  So I sprung from my seat to run in the house.  At that point I managed to trip over BOTH the scooter AND the skateboard, thus falling on my already fragile tailbone.  OUCH.  And I mean OUCH!!

Life has been crazy busy, as usual.  The kids are all enjoying school.  Christian is beginning to like it a lot.  (major answer to prayer!)  I do a lot of driving, but it's worth it.  Since Elijah is in the play, he often has to practice after school until 5pm.  There is no way I am picking Abigail, Isaac, and Christian up at 3:15, driving  home, (it's almost a 30 min drive one way) then turning around to pick Elijah up.  So, we have been spending a lot of time at the Washington Township (Avon) Park.  I don't know what we're going to do if it ever rains, or when the weather gets cold... guess that's when I'll start calling my dad more :)  He brings Elijah home for me sometimes, which is very nice.

We had a nice Labor Day weekend.  I think there should be a 3 day weekend at least twice a month.  I don't think Josh gets enough time off work.  Americans are worked to death!  Other countries get much more vacation time, and they have found in numerous studies that people who get more time off work are much more productive!  

Josh decided to build a birdhouse with the kids (mostly Elijah because table saws and 2 year olds don't mesh)  The kids want to build a bunch of them and try to sell them...any takers?  $15.00 each.  So far they've only completed one birdhouse.  They want to take it around in the wagon door to door and try to sell it to our neighbors.  We'll see how that goes.

Here it is before paint.  It can house just about any bird that enjoys living in a birdhouse. It even has a nifty place on the side that you can open to clean the birdhouse out.  



Working on the birdhouse.  Good thing they have their safety goggles on!  That's one thing Josh learned from Norm Abrams.


We planned to have a cookout.  Josh made grilled pork tenderloin and it was delicious!  We couldn't eat outside, but they still cooked it outside.



Since there was no thunder or lightning, I allowed the kids to play in the rain.  They had fun!  They love any opportunity to take their shirts off.  (not Abigail of course!)



Random picture of the park we go to about 3 days per week while we wait for Elijah.  The kids might be getting a little tired of it, but I tell them if we don't go to the park we'll be sitting in the hot car at the school waiting.  They prefer the park.



Josh helping Abigail touch up the birdhouse.


Jeremiah reading a book all by himself.  "I read it myself mommy!"  He has it memorized, so it's almost like he's reading.  He is precious.


Christian with yet another Lego set.  This boy LOVES Legos!  (just like all of his brothers)



Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your tailbone. OUCH.

    I let the kids play in the rain the other day, too, they had a blast.

    ReplyDelete