Friday, March 9, 2012

this is NOT kosher

The CD player in my van is broken.  Well, not exactly.  It just doesn't like to eject CD's unless it's below freezing, thereby forcing me to listen to the same CD over and over and over again until it the temp drops below freezing again.  Then I must quickly eject the CD and put in a new one.  (if the van warms up, all is lost, and the CD will not come out) 

I am tired of the same old 5 songs (all of the others skip because the CD is so scratched up- yes I know I should be more high-tech, not relying on CD's of yester-year, but I am not)

Anyhow, this leaves me in a bind.  Silence is good sometimes.  But I like music. Most music played on the radio is not pleasing to my sensitive listening ears, so my choices are limited.  The Christian stations are okay- sometimes- but honestly I don't care for most of the songs.  I like NPR sometimes- but most of the time the things they talk about in their "news" stories is quite vulgar, and not good for my kids to listen to.  The "alternative rock" station is still playing the same songs that were popular when I was in high school.  Q95, well- I won't even go there.  Country stations...okay, but not really my style.  Radio Disney, not going there either.  It's an "encourage children to be promiscuous" propaganda station.   But that's just my opinion.

So I'm stuck.  And I actually found myself singing "Rock the Casbah" yesterday as I was flipping through the radio stations.  Something is terribly wrong.  I need to get this CD problem resolved.  

I'm sure you found this post to be rather enlightening.   I really need to come up with better things to be concerned with.  Sharia don't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment